You already know that men and women often see things very differently.
If you’ve read my book The 90-Minute Marriage Miracle, then you know there are some real differences between the roles that men and women have in sustaining couple communication, trust and intimacy.
This isn’t something that most men will ever figure out. They need to be taught.
- If you’re waiting and hoping for your man to understand you better, you’re wasting your time.
That isn’t going to happen unless he talks with someone like me and learns what to do. His idea of what you need and want, is based on his parental relationship models. The same of course is true for you. That’s why relationships often fail.
Our unmet expectations create bitterness and resentment that can be destructive to our feelings of being “in love”. As you already know, “being in love” is not the same as loving your partner.
The feelings of being ‘in love’ with each other add a magical element to our lives. Without that, it’s just a friendship that brings disappointment.
Will your marriage ever get any better if you don’t do something about it?
- Some people settle for less because they don’t know what to do.
- Some people have gotten used to being unhappy.
- Some people are afraid of trying anymore.
- And some people have just given up.
These are all just choices.
Take the mirror test. Look yourself in the eyes and ask:
- Does my marriage fill me with joy?
- Does my marriage make me feel better about myself?
- If things stay this way, will I feel proud, or disappointed?
- And will I accept living my life this way?
Please never give up on your happiness. Some people have conditioned themselves to be ok with disappointment. That’s not a decision that will ever allow you to feel good about yourself.
- If I don’t feel good about me, how will I ever be happy?
- And if I don’t feel good about me, how will I ever find peace?
There’s far more at stake in being together as a couple than people realize. This is the thing people don’t know, and it’s crushing their overall happiness.
When you give your relationship the attention it deserves, everything about your life can get better.
If you’re ready to learn what to do, reach out and talk with me here.
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot.
Nothing is going to get better. It’s not. –Dr. Seuss