Maybe you’ve been led to believe that a good marriage is a 50% – 50% partnership.
It’s not true.
In fact, no partnership is really ever 50%-50%
I’ve been in several partnerships in my business career
and worked to resolve dozens of business partner conflicts.
Here’s what I experienced:
• Someone is always doing a little more.
• Sometimes one partner is doing a lot more.
• Sometimes the rewards are not equal.
• Sometimes personal stress interferes with the partnership.
That’s also true of marriage.
There may be times when you feel like you’re doing almost everything.
There may be times when your partner feels like what they do isn’t valued equally.
I can say it should be a 50%-50% effort in my marriage.
But that won’t make it a reality.
And my wife’s idea of 50%-50% if surely different than mine.
This I know to be true!
Here’s how I resolved this in my mind and part of my marriage repair process.
I decided to take 100% responsibility for my marriage success.
Initially it was an experiment. I didn’t know what would happen.
I discovered that by doing more I was able to completely resolve my marriage issues.
• My vision for the level of happiness, connection, and intimacy was realized.
• My wife did more and often surprised me with her efforts.
• It saved my marriage.
Forget the 50%-50% idea. It’s not real.
Focus on taking 100% responsibility to do your part.
If you know what to do and what not to do, it will dramatically improve your marriage.
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot.
Nothing is going to get better. It’s not. -Dr. Seuss