Want to turn your marriage around, or give it an uplifting boost?
Think in terms of providing Comfort vs. Cold.
You’ll really want to think about this, or you’ll miss out on one of the most relationship transforming things you can do.
How you fail to interact with your partner is the very thing that creates feelings of separateness that leads to conflicts and the loss of love.
If you are providing Comfort you are being: supportive, affectionate, warm, caring, appreciative, communicative, sensual, open, present, and generous with how you value your partner, etc…
Offering your partner Cold comes in the form of what you don’t do:
- Cold is found in your superficial rituals and patterns of interaction.
- It’s the emotional and physical void that exists between you filled with distance.
- It’s benign neglect caused by taking your partner for granted.
- It’s failing to initiate comfort because you’re ok with the status quo.
- It’s failing to give enough proof that you value them.
- It’s allowing the separateness to grow both physically and emotionally between you, and doing nothing about it.
When the Cold you provide is greater than the Comfort, your marriage is in trouble.
- Does your partner feel fully supported by you?
- Do they feel deeply cared for and valued?
- Are you generous with affection, attention and appreciation?
What we fail to do is always the deciding factor in the success and happiness of our marriage.
Unless someone like you cares a while awful lot
Nothing is going to get better. It’s not. -Dr. Seuss