Your desire for each other mutes or exaggerates most challenges.
You are the only one who can decide the level of love and intimacy that is fulfilling for you.
1st, Let’s understand that passion for your partner doesn’t have to naturally decline. I know this to be personally true after 19 years with my wife.
- It only decays because we allow it to.
- That happens through our focus on other things day to day.
- It happens because of stress and misunderstandings.
- It happens as a result of putting other things above your partner.
- It happens because we get self-focused and not relationship focused.
Pretend for a moment that you’re giving a newly-wed couple advice on how to sustain high levels of passion and intimacy for a lifetime.
What will you tell them?
What’s your formula for success and a lifetime of happiness together?
Most people get this wrong, hopefully that won’t be you.
- If you’re not telling these newly-weds about the important of sustaining connection with each other as the priority in their marriage, your own marriage is likely struggling.
- If you’re not teaching them about the urgency of keeping the chemistry of polarity alive and well in their relationship, you’re probably missing out yourself.
There is nothing more important than the feelings of physical and emotional connection in a relationship to create a lifetime of passion for each other.
A communication focus will not do that. Ever!
Are you open to learning to improve your own marriage?
Here are some resources for you:
Understand these 14 Marriage Breakthrough strategies in my book.
Talk with me if your situation is in urgent need of repair.
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It’s not. -Dr. Seuss